SARMs Vs. Steroids : Which is the strongest
Steroids are popular performance-enhancing drugs that were commonly used by bodybuilders and movies stars back in the 80s and 90s. Back then, steroids were pretty much the only substance that one could rely on to gain massive and well-defined muscles. A few years later, a new class of drugs was introduced, and this promised to deliver the same results as steroids without the life-threatening side effects of. These were known as Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators or SARMs.
Ove the years, we’ve heard so many debates on SARMs vs. Steroids and today, we want to give you a thorough review on everything you need to know about these two compounds before making up your mind on which one is better suited for your bodybuilding goals.
Definition of Steroids
Steroids are a synthetic version of a hormone that is predominant in men known as testosterone. This simply means that they are man-made, and have been in use for a while now since they were first introduced in the markets in the early 60s. However, due to the numerous side effects that they are associated with, they are banned in most states and being caught in possession of any type of steroid can get you arrested for a felony, or cost you your career if you are a professional athlete or a bodybuilder.
Despite knowing the side effects associated with steroids, you will still find that abuse of the substance is very common, especially in the bodybuilding community. Overdosing on steroids does not offer faster or better results. Instead, it is a gateway to more severe side effects that sometimes leave irreversible damage even after the user has stopped the cycle.
What are the benefits of steroids?
Just because steroids are illegal and risky to an individual’s health does not mean that they do not come with their own set of benefits. However, you should keep in mind that each benefit comes at a cost. The main reason why the best market for steroids is among bodybuilders is that it is claimed that steroids are very effective in promoting muscle mass build up. This is true because testosterone is the main hormone responsible for the production of muscle enzymes. This explains why anabolic steroids are so popular. By simply going through a cycle of these steroids, one should expect impressive muscle mass buildup within a short time, even with little to no exercises involved. Other benefits include:
- Improved body strength: After using this drug, bodybuilders get an amazing surge of power that allows them to lift extra heavy weights and participates in other hard workout practices. The drug also increases the endurance of the users so that a person can work out or race for a longer period without getting tired.
- Lean muscle gains: this is another reason why bodybuilders and athletes purchase Steroids. It accelerates the formation of lean muscle mass and gives the user that ripped appearance. For better results, however, the manufacturer advised users to include regular workout sessions and a healthy diet as an accompaniment to taking the drugs. It would also be advisable to consult professional expertise on how to use the drug with a clear explanation of what you want to achieve at the end of your usage.
- Provision of a sharp, clean and well-defined muscle tone: In addition to accelerating your muscle growth, the drug improves the sharpness of your muscle appearance as well as giving you that clean and well-toned ripped body. For professional bodybuilders, having a hard tight body is part of their professional goals, and this is exactly what is offered by Equipoise.
- Helps the body to burn the stubborn fat deposits: Trying to get rid of excess body fat is a problem facing not only athletes and bodybuilders but other normal people as well. This drug encourages the body metabolism, which in turn converts the stored fat deposits into usable energy. However, this can only be achieved during exercises and workouts.
- Improving blood circulation: The drugs stimulates the kidneys to produce more erythropoietin, a substance responsible for the production of red blood cells. Secondly, the drug encourages blood flow to your muscles so that your muscle tissues get a good supply of the nutrients needed for a steady and fast mass increment. It also accelerates the healing of the muscles after an injury acquired during a workout.
- Help treat erectile dysfunction: The increased blood flow does not happen to the muscles only but to all the body parts. This will help treat some conditions such as erectile dysfunction, low libido, and lack of a sex drive.
The side effects
As I said before, with the impressive muscle mass, buildup also comes huge health responsibilities. Therefore if you are thinking of starting a cycle on steroids, this part is the most important to pay attention to because in the end, trust me, it is just not worth it.
Am going to start with the physical side effects since they usually show up first. If you are a man and you are using steroids, the first ugly side effect that you will notice is that you will develop breasts. This condition is referred to as gynecomastia and is irreversible unless through surgery. It is the first telltale sign that shows that someone is using steroids.
The second and most common side effect is shrunken testicle and in most cases, infertility. The prostate gland will also enlarge, another very common effect of using steroids
Women users, on the other hand, receive more damaging blows than men. The first obvious sign to tell if a woman is on steroids is that she starts to lose her feminity. They start by developing a deep manly voice and developing an abnormally large clitoris. Their hair starts to grow at an accelerated rate, and not only on the head, in places where only men are supposed to grow hair such as the chest, chin, arms, and legs.
Taking a break from steroids, let us look at their most viable counterparts, the SARMs. If you still desire all the benefits that come with steroids, but you are afraid of compromising on your health, then SARMs are the best choice to go for.
Let me begin by explaining what SARMs are and exactly what they do. Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators are performance and physical appearance enhancers that were developed to serve in many other enhancement areas. In the beginning, pharmaceuticals used SARMs to cure certain diseases. However, bodybuilders discovered that apart from curing some diseases, SARMs also had the potential to enhance muscle mass buildup and increase strength and endurance. They started seeking SARMs instead of steroids mainly because the later had started being outlawed in most states and were said to have a lot of irreversible side effects.
SARMs function differently from steroids. In the ’90s, SARMs were designed for combating some muscle wasting diseases, for example, osteoporosis. They worked by binding together with the body’s androgen receptors, especially those found inside the cells of the male reproductive tissues. This is what gives them the most vital property, especially muscle building. For this reason, SARMs are very popular among bodybuilders and athletes as a muscle enhancement and strength generator supplement. What drove bodybuilders and other fitness enthusiasts to purchase SARMs more was the fact that they were meant to treat some diseases that were seen to affect men in most cases.
Benefits of SARMs
- Increases strength
- Promotes fat loss
- Improves the overall mood of the user
- Increases endurance during workout
- Promotes muscle mass build up
Generally, SARMs presents all the benefits presented by steroids, minus the ridiculous side effects.
What makes SARMS better than steroids?
Although SARMs and steroids are classified as two different entities, their functionality is very similar because they both bind into the androgen receptors on the user’s body so that they can enhance muscle formation. However, a SARM is a tissue-selective compound, which means that it can select specific muscles and tissues with which to bind. Steroids, on the other hand, will bind in any androgen receptor in the body, including those in the prostate, liver, and even in the sebaceous glands. This is why most steroids are associated with some of the most severe side effects if they are abused or used for a prolonged period. These side effects include higher chances of prostate cancer, liver and kidney damage, osteoporosis, and cardiovascular complications. Steroids also interfere with the estrogen levels in the body, and this will lead to side effects such as acne, bloating, hair loss, and high blood pressure.
A drug that is classified under SERM will not exhibit these side effects because it only concentrates on the muscle tissue and does not interfere with the function of other vital organs in the body.
Although the best option to achieve a ripped look naturally would be to exercise a lot and eat healthily, this cannot be said to be the only option available. Therefore, if you still want to use performance enhancers and still maintain your good health, I would suggest that you go for SARMs instead of steroids. When taken in the right dosages and for a short period and with PCT, SARMs are practically harmless, with very few and mild side effects as compared to steroids.