A quick intro to Pre Jym
Working out can be a hard, challenging task, so it’s not surprising that many bodybuilders and fitness guys who go through it want this chore to be as easy and enjoyable as possible.
It can be a bad miscalculation when on the day you are all set up for your workout, things don’t go so well, and you barely last halfway down your session before you run out of steam.
Pre Jym is a pre-workout supplement that’s designed to make you avoid these embarrassing crash outs that can ruin your well-planned workout.
But how well does it do the job and can Pre Jym itself crash long before you do? In this article, we take a look at the product and how it can transform a dull, fruitless exercise into a fun, absolutely explosive session that you can always look forward to.
If you want to know about the history of Pre Jym, you can’t afford to ignore Dr. Jim Stoppani, who as the founder of Jym Supplement Science with bodybuilding.com, is literally the face of I.
Stoppani was so fired up about fitness and bodybuilding that he got himself a Ph.D. in exercise physiology. He also did a 10-year stint as a science editor of Muscle and Fitness which tells you something about his passion.
Stoppani launched Pre Jym into the market which customers quickly went crazy about, sending it to the number one spot among the most popular pre-workout products in the world.
That made the Pre Jym brand pure gold so one would not be surprised that a row soon broke out between Stoppani and Bodybuilding.com about who owned this fabulous brand.
The two ended up going their separate ways and started producing two competing versions of Pre Jym which sent the market, which was already crazy about the product, into a frenzy of confusion.
Fortunately, Stoppani and Bodybuilding.com later patched up and recombined their might behind one Pre Jym, ending the agony for the market.
What are the benefits of Pre Jym? Pre Jym boasts a number of benefits that any bodybuilders would want and crave
- Elevates your focus
- Quick Recovery from your exertions
- Adds intensity to your workouts
- Boosts endurance
- Bigger pumps and elevated energy
High Caffeine content – if caffeine is not your thing, this product may spell some trouble for you. At 300 mg per serving, that will get you the equivalent of 3 cups of coffee, definitely not fun for the coffee sensitive folks. Fortunately, Pre Jym has a remedy for this: Post Jym, a caffeine free version of Pre Jym
- Other side effects include:
- Dizziness nausea
- increased speed of the heartbeat
Some of these may come from the caffeine, but some may
come from creatine and huperzine.
The product comes in powder form. First, shake the bottle well to ensure the ingredients are properly mixed up. Before your workout, take a scoop and mix with between 20 and 25 ounces of warm water. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 minutes while shaking it at suitable intervals. This ensures all the ingredients are dissolved to ensure maximum absorption.
What are the ingredients of Pre Jym?
The ingredients of this pre-workout make an interesting list that is guaranteed to make you sit up if you are picky about what goes into your pre-workout supplement. Consider the following items which you get with each serving of your Pre Jym serving:
- Branched-chain amino acids (BAACs) – this is by far the product’s best effort to
break clear of its competition to give you something different and
distinctive. This BCAAs essentially
amounts to two products in one, giving you an irresistible bargain for value
and power in your pre-workout product. They are usually taken along with most
pre-workouts separately, but the company throws this in for you in its
product. BCAAs are known for getting you
stunning levels of endurance, focus as well as preserving muscle gains.
- Caffeine – this is well known for boosting focus and alertness; things you need a lot to make your workout a success. The high dosage in I makes it an absolute winner in getting you high focus and mental alertness.
- Creatine (2 mg) – this can boost strength
and endurance levels by ramping up your ATP energy. Creatine is a staple of
most bodybuilding supplements for enhancing your strength, but Stoppani has
included creatine HCL instead of the standard creatine monohydrate,
- taurine (1 g) – you will see a lot of this kind of ingredients designed to get your mental focus in great shape, so with taurine and caffeine, we are just getting started. Pre Jym, however, adds taurine for something more which is to avoid those nasty muscle cramps you tend to get after your workouts. That’s because of its ability to pull in water into your muscle cells.
- Citrulline malate (6g) – this ingredient, which swells up your blood flow, can give you massive boosts in energy. But Pre Jym doesn’t skimp on this ingredient given its 6 gm content per serving. You are lucky to get anything this much in your next average pre-workout which typically offers you just 1 gram.
- Beta-alanine – another cool addition to the Pre Jym’s pack of endurance giving boosters. Beta-alanine has the effect of putting the delaying brakes on the production of lactic acid, that substance that makes your muscles feel tired and unable to go on.
- Tyrosine – a heightened focus and protection from stressful distractions are always valued in a workout. Tyrosine will make you a winner in beating this.
- Cysteine – this makes it possible for you to have a quick recovery from muscle injury. It’s a powerful antioxidant that revitalizes cells broken from intense workouts
- Beetroot extract – this natural product which ups your nitric acid levels, can send your endurance soaring to epic levels.
- Clubmoss extract – this is another arrow in your arsenal, to make your alertness and focus levels high
- Black pepper extract – what good are all your mega ingredients if they don’t know how to work together? Black pepper extract is your answer to making all the ingredients cooperate in musical harmony
- Betaine – Pre Jym adds this yet again, giving you super endurance and focus
- Alpha GPC –its role is quite similar to betaine, providing endurance and focus.
- Huperzine A – this is the latest addition to the ingredients of Pre Jym. It is meant to— once again, like many others in the pack— increase your mental focus and alertness. Unfortunately, this has scant research in support of it and looks like an unnecessary addition to the product. However, you already have more than enough ingredients that should give you this benefit without huperzine A.
- Huperzine A is meant to work synergistically
with Alpha GPC Choline to trigger the production of acetylcholine, which is a
neurotransmitter that is important as a learning substance.
Price and availability
Compared with other pre-workouts in its niche, Pre Jym
seems a bit overpriced, but that’s probably because they give you the super
ingredient BAAC that other pre-workouts don’t typically include.
You can get the product in bottles of two different sizes.
- 20 servings will cost you $ 37.99
- 30 servings will cost you $ 48.99
You can make your order of the product from
Bodybuiling.com or outlets like Amazon.
- Good flavors available: the product tries to provide a variety of tastes to suit everyone’s palates.
- Strong/adequate dosing of most ingredients
- Transparency about ingredients: the product has no proprietary formula and no hidden ingredients
- BAACs give you extra benefits you won’t find in other pre-workout supplements.
- Caffeine may not be decent for some people
- The taurine ingredient may act to counteract the effects of caffeine
- Artificial flavor and sweeteners have been added in
- Some ingredients bring nothing extra in benefits and seem irrelevant. Huperzine A and creatine could be some
- Some ingredients seem underdosed. Betaine and Alpha GPC dosages in Pre Jym aren’t what you see suggested by research as effective levels
- Some people may not like the tastes offered
All said and done, Pre-Jym is a good product that is worth your time and money.
One of its greatest strength relates to dosing. Underdosing in ingredients is something a lot of pre-workout supplements get away with, in this industry. However, stacking up Pre Jym against the science behind it, it comes as a pleasant surprise that the product doesn’t cut any corners when it comes dozing of ingredients. So you get most of the stuff you need in the right amounts.
When you think of the solid science behind it and the fact that it has very few side effects it’s hard to think of a reason why I wouldn’t recommend this product as a pretty good pre-workout supplement.