Introduction to Sustanon
With the sensation that testosterone has caused, it was perhaps inevitable that a steroid like Sustanon would be introduced. Sustanon is actually a combination of more than one testosterone steroids which include both long and short esters.
The purpose for creating Sustanon is to provide for a more stable compound for testosterone so that it lasts longer and therefore becomes available for the body’s use for an extended time.
Testosterone is a hormone
which is naturally produced in a man’s testes. It is what makes him masculine.
Even though women also produce testosterone, a man produces it at ten times
more since it is essential for his functioning as a man i.e., sperm production,
strength, endurance, sexual functioning, etc.
Testosterone is needed all the time, but the body sometimes under-produces it. Sustanon is a supplement that is aimed at filling this shortfall when it happens. Reduced testosterone levels are responsible for undesirable consequences in a man such as impotence, osteoporosis, infertility, and low libido.
History of Sustanon
The company called Organon International, a Dutch pharmaceutical holds the trade name for Sustanon which it started selling in the 1970s. Other existing products of the time required frequent injection so Organon produced Sustanon 250, which would require less injection by taking advantage of its combined esters. Sustanon went on to become a very popular drug which is distributed worldwide, including in the UK.
It has strong support among bodybuilders and athletes looking for anabolic steroids for performance enhancement. This is mostly because of perception by the public that Sustanon’s 4 components make it superior.
However, there’s also a non-steroid Sustanon equivalent called Testo-Max produced by Crazybulk which is wholly based on natural ingredients.
Benefits of Sustanon
These are the benefits
users can expect after using Sustanon. Naturally, the benefits will best be
seen through a combination of exercise and a healthy diet rather than using
- Sustanon 250 incorporates 4 testosterones that are already naturally produced by the body. You get the nearest you can to the real thing with vast benefits for your health
- Helps you gain muscle faster than fat because it quickens protein production and metabolism. It helps in cutting and bulking
- Results are seen in a relatively quick time
- Recovery times are faster following exercise or injury. It also acts to remove fatigue and reduces muscle damage
- It helps boost testosterone for testosterone-deficient people
- The liver is not negatively affected
- Revs up testosterone levels rapidly and keeps its level for long. This can be up to 3 weeks. Also increases stamina
- Gives one more mental alertness and reduces depression
- Strength is boosted, and fatigue is gotten
- Sustanon 250 cuts back on the stress
hormone cortisol, which usually causes muscle wasting. It also works to reduce
- More nitrogen retention which promotes more muscle formation
- Sustanon 250 triggers the increased production of insulin growth factor by the liver. This drives faster muscle buildup and recovery
- Sustanon 250 reduces cortisol, a stress hormone which tends to cause fat gain and strip away muscle tissue
- Virilization in women where male traits appear e.g., deepening of the voice, facial hair growth, enlarged clitoris among others
- This route is costly in financial terms
- There’s a risk of hypertension
- Injections are bothersome and painful since they have to be received every day. Sometimes such injections have to be done to you by somebody else, especially if it is on the buttocks. This just adds to the inconvenience
- Can promote heart disease as it enhances bad cholesterol and eliminates good cholesterol.
- Androgenic risks are high: users soon get acne or oily skin. There’s also faster baldness and aggression;
- High likelihood of virilization for women. This means it’s not an attractive option for women.
- Causes cholesterol rise; low sperm count, pain in the chest, painful erection, weight increase, depression, kidney disorder, sleep apnea, prostate cancer
- The market for Sustanon is flooded with fakes. Yet getting verification to establish the genuineness of the products is costly.
- Men are at risk of getting men’s boobs as well as testicular atrophy.
- Requires a prescription. It is also only available as an injection, which is inconvenient.
- It is a banned or restricted drug. For example, the World and Anti-Doping Agency includes it in its list of banned substances
- It can lead to the opposite of the original goal. For example, if you stop using it, you will see a sharp drop in your testosterone. To avoid this, you must resume usage after 21 days
- Some people also experience mild side effects such as itching, muscle pain, pain in the joints, fluid retention, headache, acne, and pain at the site of the injection
- Sustanon injections are painful due to the testosterone propionate ester. It causes irritation at the injection site making many people who are sensitive to avoid the steroid altogether. Some contract a temporary fever each time they are injected.
- It also tends to reduce good cholesterol in the body and increase bad cholesterol. This causes arteriosclerosis, which puts a person at risk of getting a cardiovascular disease.
Sustanon has two alternatives to it: there’s Sustanon 100 and Sustanon 250. They are combinations of testosterone compounds in different blends.
Sustanon 250 blends 4 different testosterone that is
- 30 mg testosterone propionate
- 100 mg testosterone decanoate
- 60 mg testosterone isocaproate and
- 60 mg testosterone phenylpropionate
Sustanon 250 may go by other names such as Duratestone, Sustanon Prolongatum, and Prarbolan.
After injection, each of these 4 components is released at different times in the body since they have different half-lives. This ensures that the benefits are spaced out in time so that they are available to the body for a longer time.
This is essential for bodybuilders and athletes who want a stable concentration in their bodies to enable them to perform their physical tasks.
Sustanon 100 is formulated
slightly different with only three testosterone compounds. 20 mg testosterone
propionate, 40mg testosterone phenylpropionate, and 40 mg testosterone
isocaproate. This product targets younger children. Its main aim is
Arachis oil (Peanut oil) is also one of the ingredients included. Users who are allergic to peanuts should refrain from it.
Sustanon comes in
different grades; that is the pharmaceutical grade and the underground grade.
Pharmaceutical grade Sustanon is of good, precisely dosed quality and is FDA
approved, unlike the underground grade. They are, however, quite
Underground grade Sustanon, on the other hand, cannot be guaranteed in terms of quality but is cheap. Users are therefore faced with the choice of going for cheap Sustanon but of possibly dubious and therefore harmful quality or going for costly Sustanon that is reliable.
Sustanon 250 is composed of four different testosterone esters whose half-lives range from 3.5 days to 15 days. This works out to 15-days half-life for Sustanon 250 itself. This implies that you will have to receive an injection roughly every two or three weeks.
Beginner bodybuilders can start with two injections per week. It is further advised that they work with Sustanon alone without stacking other drugs.
Sustanon’s sole administration method of injection makes it quite a hassle considering the pain and itch. Before undergoing treatment, it is recommended for users to seek a doctor’s advice because Sustanon may not be appropriate for everyone.
Certain people with pre-existing conditions like diabetes, heart disease, lung or kidney disease need to consult a doctor before taking Sustanon.
Crazybulk’s Tego-Max has the advantage that it is not an injectable. It is provided in bottles as pills to be taken orally. Each bottle holds 30 pills, and for adults, 4 capsules are taken each day some 20 minutes before breakfast. Also, Tego-Max gives you all the benefits of Sustanon 250 but without its side effects.
Without question, Sustanon delivers on many things. It does boost testosterone levels, increase strength, stamina, and endurance. Sustanon, after all, contains a high concentration of testosterone since it is composed of a blend of different testosterone esters with different half-lives. But when you consider the downsides, it is hard to see the overall benefits.
First, it is difficult to get genuine Sustanon without a prescription. This goes too for orders made online that bypass prescription.
Alternatively, users can try non-steroid options that have been proven to work, such as Crazybulk’s Testo Max. Testo Max is completely based on natural ingredients and will get you fast results at a price you can afford. The product is legal, and unlike synthetic steroids, has no side effects since it is natural.
If you settle for the underground grade, there’s a good chance that you will expose yourself to poor quality Sustanon and endanger your health.
My recommendation is to exercise caution if you decide to use Sustanon to gain the results you want. If possible, go for the pharmaceutical grade Sustanon even though they are pricier. It is better to err on the safe side even if it means paying a higher price.